Overview of job
The Business Analyst position is a key role within GroupM. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring significant and relevant experience to this role. The Business Analyst will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and as such will need to have strong customer facing skills. The primary responsibility of the Business Analyst is to support the various general development initiatives as well as work across media applications in place. They will identify and define improvement opportunities and potential business benefits, document these formally including structured requirement specifications that enable delivery and test improvements and communicate deployment of solutions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Change Project Manager – Business Partnering
3 best things about the job:
- Ability to work on many initiatives across different domains with Business Sponsors both locally and regionally
- Ability to see the development of new products along with enhancements of current products
- You get to interact with business partners and end-users closely and play an influential role on how technology solutions shape the way their business operates.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- An understanding of media processes and systems at GroupM – with a key focus on digital
- Become confident in managing the Symphony digital planning and buying system and seen as the expert on the system; answering queries from local agencies and regional teams
- An understanding of GroupM project processes and standard documentation
In six months, you would have:
- Started to identify new opportunities for projects and enhancements to new and existing systems/products
- Been able to lead and manage projects autonomously
- Built relationships with key business partners – sponsors on your projects / third party vendors / key regional contacts
In 12 months, you would have:
- Closed off multiple projects successfully with documentation in place
- Completed documentation and updates on any outstanding projects for handover
Responsibilities of the role:
- Obtain a thorough understanding of media, media systems and processes at GroupM across all media types – with a focus on digital.
- Identify opportunities for new projects and enhancements to new and existing products.
- Accountable for defining requirements for improving any aspect of processes and systems and quantification of potential business benefits.
- Accountable for applying agreed methods to carry out investigations, analysis and documentation of business functions & processes.
- Accountable for creating viable specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for interpreting unstructured business needs and views into structured requirements and specifications.
- Provide input into business process roadmaps and business cases
- Become an expert user of Symphony – digital media buying and planning system and develop in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of the functionality available.
- Liaise with end users to identify issues, document requirements then prioritize issues, relaying development requests through to third party vendors and regional team
- Actively participate in the evaluation and testing of new releases and provide support during roll-out; including communication to end users, creating implementation documentation on best practice and providing training.
- Provide ongoing support for media applications, analyse the cause of problems and either provide the end users with a solution, workaround, or escalate the issue.
What you will need:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to question & challenge users at all levels with confidence, to arrive at a clear and unambiguous view of requirements
- Strong business process mapping, improvement skills and data analysis
- Benefits assessment and management – ability to investigate, identify issues and raise development ideas
- Excellent communication & stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong sense of accountability with an ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Expert ability for developing insight and understanding of client needs
- Experience in documentation and training material preparation
Desirable skills / experience
- Experience in media industry, specifically media planning or buying within a digital role
- Knowledge on agile methodology
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.