GTB is a full service integrated agency with all disciplines working harmoniously to deliver against one business problem with one strategy, one brief and one solution for Ford Australia. Within Ford, we have two clients groups; Ford Motor Company and their Dealer Group the FDAF.
Unlike most single disciplined agencies, at GTB you will have the opportunity to get a well-rounded view at how to solve client problems holistically. To understand directly, how creative and media is tied together and work to fullfill on the core strategy.
We are seeking a curious and detailed focused team-member to move into the role of Hybrid Media Executive at GTB Australia. This is a junior hybrid buying role focusing mostly on offline media however with some digital activities over time.
Key Purpose of the Hybrid Executive Role
Assist the GTB Media team in delivering gold standard trading practices. To build trusted and influential relationships with media and agency partners.
This role is responsible for overseeing efficient and correct administrative, buying, implementing and reporting procedures.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the agency’s Media Directors and ultimately to the Integrated Media Lead.
The 3 best things about the job:
- Working alongside a diverse and talented team in a collaborative team environment with Creatives, Strategy and Account Service across all channels
- Working on one of the world’s most iconic brands
- Joining a global client relationship that is built on honesty and trust, with strong connections across all markets through all agency and client levels
Measures of success:
In three months, you would have:
- Bought media across a variety of channels and developed implementation recommendations ensuring creativity, accuracy and timely output across client portfolio (in collaboration with the director(s))
- Established collaborative relationships with key agency partners
- Ensure the Assistant (s) deliver their work to a high standard and in a timely manner
In six months, you would have:
- Worked collaboratively with GTB, JWT and Mindshare employees and developed an understanding the motoring category
- Pro-actively kept up to date with category developments and worked with the GTB team to present new and innovative ideas to the client
In 12 months, you would have:
- Built deep and influential relationship with day-to-day media contacts
- Managed, motivated and coached assistants to achieve success in their role
- Contributed to the GTB culture through participation and behaviour that aligns to the GTB values
- Cemented your role within the team and contributed to the team delivery of a variety of Ford campaigns
- Delegates to Assistant(s) in an effective and timely manner
- Putting your hand up and escalating any issue that is too big to solve independently
- Possesses strong negotiation and time management skills
- Evidence of being a great team player
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (PowerPoint; Word; Excel)
- Embodies the GTB team vision as set by the Media Directors and Integrated Media Lead
- Actively seeks and responds to feedback from line manager and other team members
- Possesses a pro-active mentality/approach to their work
- Contributes to a positive, motivating and inspiring team culture
- Works collaboratively with client/creative teams across all disciplines throughout the campaign development process
- Pro-active to gain skills and knowledge across all media channels
- Ensures they deliver gold standard documents 100% of the time
- Attends and contributes in ideation/discussion sessions
- Builds personal ownership of the buying process using various media tools to deliver the best buying outcome for clients
- Develops skill of interpreting relevant data sources to build insights that leads implementation thinking (EMMA, Roy Morgan, Nielsen)
- Tracks and optimises campaigns regularly and communicates issues to the Media Directors in a timely manner
- Follows the GroupM compliance/audit process and thus delivers 100% adherence
- Identifies opportunities for added value in campaigns
- Checks all outputs with Media Directors at all times to ensure quality assurance
- Works collaboratively with all divisions within GTB where relevant
- Ensures all communication to internal and external stakeholders is clear and delivered in a timely manner
- Starts to build trusted advisory relationship with media owners, clients and agency partners (at relevant levels)
- Develops understanding of the clients category
- Helps to deliver GTB related strategy to increase/maintain client appraisal scores
- Works collaboratively within all teams within GTB where relevant
- Starts to develop opinions on the media landscape and market
- Develop a good understanding of media owner product suites
- Responds to clients, media owners and partner agencies in a timely manner
- Possesses the understanding of contractual and commercial client requirements from agreed deals with media partners
- Ensures all financial processes are followed through with 100% level of accuracy (bookings and loadings)
- Checks pro-formas thoroughly with aim of zero account queries
- Ensures timesheets are completed weekly (if not daily)
What you will need:
- 12 months to 2 years full-time experience in a media agency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear spoken and written English
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in a communications discipline
- Evidence of being a great team player
- An ability to juggle projects and meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Word Suite skills (PowerPoint; Word; Excel)
- A can-do attitude and an appetite to learn
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.