Overview of job
The Manager, Digital Analytics supports the Analytics director and business teams, to deliver on great data and digital-driven work for our clients. This person will play a key role in driving Tech and Data projects in the audience and measurement space.
The position will span across 5 key product areas within the Technology, Effectiveness and Data (TED)team -Dashboarding and Reporting, Advanced Analytics (including digital attribution, market mix modelling, etc), DMP services, Dynamic Creative Optimisation and Ad Tech Consulting with a focus on the areas of digital attribution, DCO and DMP services.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the National Marketing Analytics Director.
Office location: Melbourne
3 best things about the job:
- Your work will make a real impact on what our brands do with their media activity
- You will work in an environment where we constantly try to push the boundaries of media
- You will work with teams of passionate media experts, within an agency that leans into change at every opportunity
Measures of success –
In three months:
● Contributed to the project management and delivery ofan advanced analytics project for key clients.
● Contributed and managedad hoc reporting/analytics projects for key clients.
● Immersed yourself in ongoing digital specialist projects, providing support and guidance to business teams.
● Built relationships with key Client leads, GroupM business divisions (e.g. GroupM AdOps) and martech vendors.
In six months:
● Worked with National Analytics Director, Business Teams and clients to start new projects in the areas of DMP services, Attribution and/or Dynamic Creative Optimisation across both Sydney and Melbourne
● Established a strong working relationship with key clients and will be the local lead on Specialist Digital Projects
● Earned the trust of client partner teams, having them turn to you for assistance in making their own basic data analysis more meaningful
● Helped educate business teams on any updates to our TED product offering and better integrated data into responses
● Led 1-2 projects in the TED space
● Played a support role in the analytics portion a new business pitch
● Contributed significantly to ongoing digital specialist projects, providing support and guidance to the Jetstar business team.
In 12 months:
● Contributed to the insights and actions portions of 1-2 advanced analytics projects
● Helped improve how client partner use data in their day to day roles
● A position of thought leadership in the agency in Tech, Effectiveness and Data
● Become the day-to-day contact and lead on ongoing TED projects from the Melbourne office.
● Identified and converted a TED project with a client not currently leveraging our capabilities in the TED space
● Made a key contribution to a new business pitch or two from a data planning point of view
● Contributed to templates and tools that help drive efficiencies within the agency
Responsibilities of the role:
● Project managing the delivery of advanced analytics projects
● Using statistical/analytical approaches to gain insights for clients using an array of data sources
● Assisting on the execution of analytics projects: from standalone marketing analytics projects, to projects as part of broader strategy planning,
● Support the Analytics Director in general operations when required, including:
o Drafting scope documents
o Managing client relationships
o Creating and presenting insights and analysis
● Contribute to new business pitches when required
o This might include presenting, creating content and any other areas requested by senior pitch staff.
● Champion better use of software and technology within Maxus
● Champion better use of data and analytics within Maxus
What you will need:
● A passion for Technology, Analytics and Data and its role in media
● 2+ years’ experience in an analyst role ideally from the digital space
● Advanced Excel skills
● An attention to detail with high levels of accuracy and strong project management skills
● A solid understanding of the digital space particularly ad operations, data management platforms, tag management and web analytics
● A working knowledge of statistics
● Ideally some experience with data visualisation platforms such as Tableau and/or Datorama
● The ability to build relationships & collaborate with client partner teams internally
● The ability to work autonomously when required
● Preferably experience with tools and languages like R, SPSS, Python, Eviews etc.
● To be a collaborative team player that supports the client teams
● A problem solving mentality
● The ability to think laterally and identify discrepancies in data/data visualisation/results
● The ability to “think outside the square” and source proxy data sources when client data is not available
● Energetic and creative optimist who is always looking to do and try things differently
Our team of around 2,500 people across 55 markets worldwide work for some of the world’s most well-known advertisers. Maxus has been the fastest growing agency network over the last five years, and at the heart of this sits our mantra of Leaning into Change. We embrace technology and innovation, challenging our clients to move forward; providing solutions that deliver tangible benefit to their business.
We are driven by our internal PACE values: Passionate, Agile, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. We hire, train and reward based on these behaviours. While Maxus operates with the freedom of smaller independent agency, it is still able to draw on the resources of GroupM. This has allowed us to provide each of our talent the opportunity to reach their potential. To learn more about Maxus, visit us at http://maxusglobal.com.au
At Maxus Australia, we have two offices – Sydney, and Melbourne. We look after some of the best brands in market, including Hungry Jack’s, iSelect and Jetstar. We have been listed in BRW’s Great Places To Work for two years running.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.