Overview of job
Maxus is seeking an experienced and passionate Investment & Activation Manager, who has a passion for trading and a can do attitude.
The lynchpin in the team taking as much of the day to day detail away from the Director on a fast moving QSR client. Managers are central to making campaigns run effectively in order to pave the way for conversation changing work and to the building of strong relationships with clients based on the reassurance that Maxus always delivers the best, most professional service and media planning and buying possible.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Client Service Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Fast moving challenger client
- Award winning work with innovative publishers
- Strong client relationship
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Started to build relationships with key clients and trading leads within Maxus.
- Established a strong relationship with the media, creative agencies and other key partners.
- Immersed yourself in the team with understanding of the status of all active campaigns.
- Gained responsibility for the overall buying product and delivery of all campaigns within client portfolio.
- A strong understanding of our way of working and taken a lead role in overseeing day to day processes are being undertaken by junior team members, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Become actively involved in the buying of campaigns within the client portfolio
In six months:
- Take an active role in briefing the media owners on core activations.
- Adding value to the implementation on your client/campaigns – sharing learnings from the campaigns, providing ideas/opportunities to further develop the implementation.
- Becoming a key member of the team by both clients and internal team alike; actively managing requests and internal team communication and support.
In 12 months:
- Fully leading the implementation of your client/campaigns; expert in the category and the relevant media; able to offer strong views and opportunities to improve our product, service and delivery.
- A solid understanding and proactive approach to highlighting any issues or opportunities around media developments, trends or marketplace conditions that impact investment across the client portfolio.
- Considered a key member of the team by both clients and internal team; actively managing requests, proactively adding value to the client relationship and ensuring the internal team are delivering the best implementation service possible.
- Ensured all campaigns throughout the year have delivered according to parameters, both buys managed by the Associate Manager as well as managing the status of buys from the Executive and Analyst, to ensure trading KPI’s are delivered.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Accountable for the overall product and delivery of all campaigns within client portfolio.
- Share relevant market knowledge as a key channel media champion, with broader department and agency.
- 100% proficiency and accuracy with the financials, budget control, contract management.
- Leads and manages Associate Manager, Executives and Analysts deliver on all key responsibilities and support their development, in conjunction with the Senior Manager. Providing direction, guidance and overseeing their day to day workloads along with on-the-job training of both roles in systems, tools and general trading techniques as required.
- Key participant in Investment meetings, including reporting on latest insights for a particular media supplier/channel.
- Further develop key relationships with the media, clients and creative agencies, at a similar level to deliver benefits to the team and agency.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met and clear communication is maintained between direct reports, updating on the status of deliverables and whether there are any issues or delays which could impact the successful completion of the task.
- Upward management to Director of Investment
What you will need:
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong understanding of the Australian media marketplace with good relationships with media owners at minimum Executive to Manager level
- Experience managing junior team member/s
- Experience presenting to clients
- Excellent knowledge of media systems and tools including BMD, AQX, Asteroid, eRAM, eTAM and MOVE.
- An understanding of all key mediums and how the marketplace impacts media buys
- A passionate individual with a strong work ethic
- Collaborative way of working and values a team approach
- A professional manner when dealing with all people you come in contact with, internal & external
- Problem solving mentality
- Passion for media!
Maxus builds innovative plans that result in consumer actions for our client’s brands through our passion, agility, collaboration & entrepreneurial culture. It’s our consumer centric focus, innovation in channel application and market leading leverage that helps to differentiate us in any of the markets that we operate in around the globe. We bring all of this to life through our talented people, our unique ways of working, our tools and data pipes that fuel truths, ideas and recommendations based on achieving business not media objectives. We love what we do, we do what love and we hope you will to. To find out more, please visit us at http://maxusglobal.com.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.