Maxus are looking for an Executive who will be responsible for the planning, implementation and analysis of media campaigns. The Executive is accountable for buying all approved media schedules ensuring that there is efficiency and rigour in the process, and under the supervision of their manager, developing buying strategies to deliver the media plan.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Manager
3 best things about the job:
1. Be an influential part of a dynamic and fun team focused on fostering your own growth and that of a dedicated team.
2. Work across a diverse portfolio of brands who are hungry to find new ways to communicate and cut through in the media landscape; allowing you to try new things and evolve your media knowledge and skills.
3. Working in an amazingly collaborative team who also love a good social event
Measures of success
In three months:
• Understood your clients’ businesses and the categories they play in
• Understood the client’s processes and tools and be assisting with key monthly and quarterly administration tasks
• Delivered competitive updates, both regular reporting and ad hoc proactive updates for clients
• Embedded yourself into the internal team and understood the different specialisms you work with
In six months:
• Built a collaborative relationship with your clients, acting as the lead contact across various portfolios, and supporting the Managers’ relationship with clients
• Supported your manager to deliver several planning responses, from insight and strategy through to execution
• Project managed cross-media, category and industry leading campaigns
In 12 months:
• Be leading your own accounts autonomously
• Live and breathe Maxus PACE value everyday
Responsibilities of the role:
• Help build on the agency’s reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”A good understanding of the client category, e.g. market share, purchase barriers, key competitors
• Help to provide innovative strategic insights by acting as an expert on the client’s business, industry, competitors, key drivers, environment etc.
• Assists the Manager in developing buying strategies, utilising all available research and tools at their fingertips, and accountable for rolling out these strategies and ensuring they are delivered accurately and in line with the plan
• Day to day buying of media across all channels ensuring all buys are efficient and improving every day
• Develop key media owner relationships at sales assistant and executive level by meeting with them on a monthly basis, with creative agencies and at the clients – to help enable the team to drive better results
• Assist in the day to day management, training and career development of the Assistants, delegating tasks effectively to the Assistant whilst helping to manage their work load
• Thoroughly checks all media plans, media confirmation and pro-formas match with 100% accuracy prior to invoicing
• Attend regular WIPs with client and communication partners and assist in delivering the action points
Ensure all financial and compliance processes are followed with 100% accuracy
What you will need:
Knowledge and skills
• Minimum 2 years’ experience
• Understanding of all media channels, particularly TV
• First class systems knowledge and application, including Roy Morgan & AQX
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
• Competent in all Microsoft office software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Maxus builds innovative plans that result in consumer actions for our client’s brands through our passion, agility, collaboration & entrepreneurial culture. It’s our consumer centric focus, innovation in channel application and market leading leverage that helps to differentiate us in any of the markets that we operate in around the globe. We bring all of this to life through our talented people, our unique ways of working, our tools and data pipes that fuel truths, ideas and recommendations based on achieving business not media objectives. We love what we do, we do what love and we hope you will to. To find out more, please visit us at http://maxusglobal.com.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMAPAC on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.