Overview of job
Wavemaker is seeking an experienced and passionate Investment & Activation Manager, who has a passion for trading and a can do attitude.
The Manager is responsible for the delivery and management of the buying process and product across their client portfolio. The role is to support the I&A Director & Senior Manager in becoming the interface between Wavemaker and the media to ensure media plans are executed and amplified in a relevant and powerful manner.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the: Senior Manager of Investment and Activation.
3 best things about the job:
1. A fun environment that encourages work life balance and a social culture.
2. Great clients who empower us to think outside the square.
3. An abundance of training with a strong focus on supporting both personal and professional growth.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Started to build relationships with key clients and trading leads within Wavemaker.
- Established a strong relationship with the media, creative agencies and other key partners.
- Immersed yourself in the team with understanding of the status of all active campaigns.
- Gained responsibility for the overall buying product and delivery of all campaigns within client portfolio.
- A strong understanding of our way of working and taken a lead role in overseeing day to day processes are being undertaken by junior team members, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Become actively involved in the buying of campaigns within the client portfolio
- Been introduced and been involved in implementation planning across all media
In six months:
- An active role in briefing the media owners on core activations.
- Facilitates the tracking & delivery of all the buying parameters, value and benchmarking of rate negotiations.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, assisted in the training and development of Associate Manager, Executives and Analysts.
- Started to use and gain additional trading insights through GroupM Knowledge suite tools.
- Been involved in full campaign delivery from brief to post analysis and audit reviews
- Taken an active role in key client presentations
In twelve months:
- A solid understanding and proactive approach to highlighting any issues or opportunities around media developments, trends or marketplace conditions that impact investment across the client portfolio.
- Continued growth and further development opportunities.
- Been an integral member of the team, having a comprehensive understanding of how the team operates and providing constructive input into the future direction of the team.
- Ensured all campaigns throughout the year have delivered according to parameters, both buys managed by the Associate Manager as well as managing the status of buys from the Executive and Analyst, to ensure trading KPI’s are delivered.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Accountable for the overall product and delivery of all campaigns within client portfolio.
- Share relevant market knowledge as a key channel media champion, with broader department and agency.
- 100% proficiency and accuracy with the financials, budget control, contract management.
- Leads and manages Associate Manager, Executives and Analysts deliver on all key responsibilities and support their development, in conjunction with the Senior Manager. Providing direction, guidance and overseeing their day to day workloads along with on-the-job training of both roles in systems, tools and general trading techniques as required.
- Key participant in I&A meetings, including reporting on latest insights for a particular media supplier/channel.
- Further develop key relationships with the media, clients and creative agencies, at a similar level to deliver benefits to the team and agency.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met and clear communication is maintained between direct reports, updating on the status of deliverables and whether there are any issues or delays which could impact the successful completion of the task.
- Upward management to Snr Manager / Director I&A
What you will need:
- Minimum 3-4 years media experience in Investment
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong understanding of the Australian media marketplace with good relationships with media owners at minimum Executive to Manager level
- Experience managing junior team member/s
- Experience presenting to clients
- Excellent knowledge of media systems and tools including BMD, AQX, Asteroid, eRAM, eTAM and MOVE.
- An understanding of all key mediums and how the marketplace impacts media buys
- A passionate individual with a strong work ethic
- Collaborative way of working and values a team approach
- A professional manner when dealing with all people you come in contact with, internal & external
- Problem solving mentality
- Passion for media!
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.