Digital Coordinator – Media Lab, Australia
Overview of job
Fantastic opportunity to kick-start your advertising career, working in a well-resourced media agency created for one of Australia’s largest clients, the Westpac Group. We are looking for an ambitious young marketer who wants to build their knowledge of digital media and marketing. You will work with some of the best known digital media brands in the industry, learn best-in-class marketing techniques and work with a large team of experienced marketers.
This position is within the Brand Campaign Operations team, activating campaigns within digital display, digital video, content and social media.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Executive, Brand Campaign Activation.
3 best things about the job:
- Support – You will work within a very well-resourced digital and planning team, where you will have the opportunity to learn from a range of team members around you
- Unique agency – Partnering with a brand who has a very close and open working relationship with the agency. Media Lab has the agility of a small agency, however we also have the support from a larger agency group (GroupM).
- Media exposure – Working on a large, high-profile client, you will be exposed to a high volume of the best known media brands in market.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Successfully worked through the process of setting digital campaigns live, with the support of the digital executive
- Been trained and familiarised yourself with digital tech platforms that are utilised across GroupM
- Developed a good understanding of the digital media landscape in Australia
In six months:
- Support the wider team without supervision, through ad operations, reporting and finance operations
- Built successful working relationships with operations teams at key publishers
- Effectively work with and communicate with the wider agency teams including broadly understanding all functions within the agency.
In 12 months:
- Develop and continuously improve process to reduce bottlenecks and improve time efficiency in team
- Mentor and guide younger members of the agency in day-to-day operations
- Assemble and media plan without supervision, and begin to work with publishers to develop media responses for the client.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop an understanding of all aspects of planning, buying and implementation of online media
- Assist Digital Executives and Managers in all aspects of campaign planning and media buying
- Build relationships with other Media Lab departments and media owners
- Responsible for loading media bookings into BMD from approved plans with support of the Digital Executive
- Responsible for updating all team admin documents (WIPs, status sheets)
- Responsible for sending specs to creative agencies and managing despatch and timelines
- Ensuring that all documents are kept in a structured manner in respective client folders
- Build relationships with the campaign trafficking team and build proficient understanding of all tasks within the team
- Responsible for ensuring all approved campaigns are booked, set up for trafficking, setting up of analytics/conversion tags, scheduling delivery reports
- Construction of client reporting documents; live reports, delivery reports, post data
- Answer all account queries in a timely manner
- Develop budget management skills for all executions
- Be proficient in the use and understanding of all planning, tracking and other tools (eg. Nielsen, Roy Morgan. BMD, Doubleclick, Symphony etc)
- Ensures all processes are SOX compliant
What you will need:
- Demonstrate a basic-level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Be curious, never hesitate to ask
- Keep up to date with industry changes and the latest practices and procedures
- Competent in all Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Builds meaningful relationships with team members and suppliers
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail with good levels of accuracy
- A good work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Able to follow instructions, be organised and work autonomously
About Media Lab
Media Lab is a bespoke media agency within GroupM that has been designed to manage the planning and buying for the Westpac Banking Group.
Our mission is to collaborate as one team using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections. We strive to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Media Lab presents a fantastic career opportunity for ambitious people who share our ambition.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.