<span style=”color: rgb(244,126,54);font-family: Calibri;font-size: 11.0pt;”Media Lab is looking for an experienced, passionate Planner Buyer to join the team working across their key client, Westpac Banking Group. Your function is to be the bridge between the planning and investment teams. It’s the perfect role for someone looking to develop their planning skillset, but who’s not prepared to let go of the dynamic world of investment.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Trading Director, with a dotted line report to the Planning Directors.
3 best things about the job:
- Allows you to work cross discipline from planning to investment, and in a wide variety of channels
- We’re completely dedicated to one client, meaning there are great opportunities to develop client relationships, as well as gaining exposure to their business
- It’s a great place to work! We are very well resourced and we all have a great work life balance
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Become proficient on the client’s business and product portfolio
- Developed a productive working relationship with the team at Media Lab.
- A strong understanding of the KPIs and key deliverables on the business, and be on track to deliver these.
In six months, you would have:
- Built relationships internally, with media, agency partners, and the client team at Westpac
- Understood the various owned and earned media opportunities within the Westpac’s portfolio, and identified possible ways to integrate those into your responses
- Gained a thorough understanding of the key processes and campaign deliverables to be able to produce successful campaigns.
- Management of individual campaigns from implementation planning through to campaign performance analysis/reporting.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Contributed to the wider trading department, played a role within departmental meetings such as Channel Champs.
- Established positive leadership to the junior members of the trading team
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for bringing channel plans to life through creative media solutions
- Attend relevant media briefings from client or planning team
- Help facilitate ideation sessions for brief responses
- Work closely with planning team to develop implementation plans
- Lead publisher briefings and responses
- Trialling new and innovative media solutions for your clients
- Ownership of media plans
- Identifying ways to leverage and integrate existing assets/partnerships through our paid media campaigns
- Lead/share market knowledge as key channel champions with broader department and agency.
- Tracks delivery of all the buying parameters, value and benchmarks (Average TARPs, positioning, costs etc)
- Ensures that all Executives deliver on all key responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Trading Managers assists in the training and development of executives and coordinators.
What you will need:
- A passion for the media industry, and a strong understanding of the media landscape
- A preference for a collaborative approach top problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- 3+ years (local) experience who is keen to teach, train, nurture and can work in a dynamic environment.
- TV buying skills, although this won’t be a focus for the role
- An entrepreneurial spirit would be looked upon favourably – a go getter!
- Good relationships within the marketplace
About Media Lab
Media Lab is the dedicated media community for the Westpac Banking Group. With collaboration at the heart of everything we do, we have developed a shared vision with the Westpac marketing team as well as aligning our values and behaviours all of which are built on a foundation of trust and transparency.
We are a team of 40 specialists working across all paid, owned and earned channels using science & creativity to drive compelling, end to end media connections across the full ecosystem of channels.
Our teams are built around discipline expertise and connected by a truly channel neutral planning and analytics team. Together they apply a scientific approach to planning which guides our thinking working in tandem with deep partnerships with key creative, media, technology, and data partners. This allows us to build bespoke teams to tackle challenges where we are all working as one regardless of background or employer. What gets us out of bed every day is to be known for challenging ourselves and others to push the boundaries of media that propels the Westpac Group ambition.
Our way of working and philosophy makes Media Lab what it is, both in terms of our culture as well as the work we do and the performance we drive.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.