Overview of job
The Search Senior Executive is responsible for day to day client communication, implementing campaigns, managing budgets and managing the team’s workflow.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Performance Manager
3 best things about the job:
- Lead the team to ensure that campaigns are implemented and properly optimised and evaluate performance accurately.
- Ensure that the financials are processed with 100% accuracy
- Whilst this is largely a Search role, there will be high levels of exposure and integration with other online channels and offline media
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Built strong relationships with the client, internal teams and technology suppliers.
- A strong understanding of the client’s brands and products.
In six months:
- Become proactive at suggesting different initiatives to include in the overall strategy.
- Developed a strategy to train and develop other Coordinators within your team.
- Manage day to day communication with the client and ensure that work is delivered on time.
In 12 months:
- Developed your knowledge of other online channels and strategies.
- Oversee effective and accurate optimisations and delivery of campaigns.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage workflow for coordinators and lead all team huddles for your respective portfolios.
- Ensuring the delivery of all campaigns with timely optimisations to deliver against the client objectives.
- With the Search Manager, compiles and regularly presents performance, trends and post campaign analysis to the client.
- Works with the Search Manager in developing strategies, utilising all available research and tools at their fingertips.
- Contributes to client WIPs ensuring all relevant campaign/trends/Google betas are communicated.
- Be an expert in Search and share expertise with broader department and agency.
- 100% proficiency and accuracy with the financials; budget control, contract management, account queries, loading, and pro-formas.
- Thoroughly checks all pro-formas and provides to the Search Manager for sign-off prior to invoicing.
- Ensures that Coordinators deliver on all key responsibilities.
- Begin training & coaching junior team members on key aspects of their role.
- Build/maintain strong client relationships through best in class servicing.
- Ensure timely distribution of notes and delivery on actions.
- Ensures timesheets submitted weekly (and in advance when on holidays)
- Ensures account queries are resolved by team members upon receipt within 3 working days
- Uses best practice when it comes to all team financial processes
What you will need:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in paid search.
- Be organised and have a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate financial and numerical astuteness.
- Ability to analyse campaign reports to identify required optimisations
- Excellent understanding of all implementation and buying systems (BCC, AdWords, DoubleClick Search, etc)
- Organised and structured.
- Critical analysis of all data ensuring informed buying decisions.
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.
- Competent in all Microsoft office software.
- Passionate team player that produces the best search strategies. This is about first class delivery.
- Always looking for innovation and new opportunities such as Google betas.
- Collaborative team player that supports the Media Lab Search Manager and is attentive in developing their Coordinator.
About Media Lab
Media Lab is a new media agency within GroupM that has been independently designed to manage the planning and buying for the Westpac Banking Group.
Media Lab prides itself on mobilising the best resources in market to effectively utilise both client, market and media data to make informed decisions on both creative and innovative media strategies which are applied across the breadth of the Westpac Brand Portfolio.
Want to learn more about Media Lab? Take a look at our careers page here
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.