Overview of job
This Account Executive role offers the opportunities to broaden your skillset building relationships with a wide range of clients and media suppliers. The ability to work at a fast pace, adhere to process and demonstrate a high attention to detail is essential, but media experience is not!
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Client Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- Fast paced, high volume and variety
- Great working environment
- Be part of an amazing team
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Understand and adhere to process
- Demonstrate speed, accuracy, and flexibility
- Demonstrate the ability to build solid relations with clients and suppliers through positive daily interactions
- Be a valued team member and respected by clients.
In six months:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of our clients and their needs
- Have established sound relationships with media suppliers and knowledge of available products
- Add value to the team culture and processes
In 12 months:
- Have established yourself as an invaluable team member who is respected by colleagues, clients and suppliers alike
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of client business, media products and process
- Be ready and willing to work on more challenging briefs
Responsibilities of the role:
As an Account Executive, you are responsible for assisting the Group Client Director with the ‘doing’ of the day to day operations for your client.
You will be responding to Client briefs, interacting with media suppliers and colleagues as required. As such, the ability to communicate well and develop sound relationships with your team and clients is essential. Data entry is a large component of the role.
The ability to follow process, work at a fast pace and maintain attention to detail, are all paramount.
You will be curious, passionate, about your client’s business so as to ensure that responses are timely and present solutions to their business challenges.
You will have attention to detail, and the capacity to process a high volume of information at a fast pace.
What you will need:
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- People skills – you will be constantly interacting with clients and colleagues.
- Computer literacy. Basic Excel skills and the willingness to learn new systems a must.
- Knowledge of media and/or government a definite advantage.
- An inquisitive mind.
- Great team skills and the ability to have fun.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this – interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.