Overview of job
This role sits at a pivotal cross roads of client and product solutions. As an Advanced Analytics Director you will be responsible for leading a team of eperts in developing award winning business and marketing data solutions for one of our largest financial services clients. This will involve the management of both your team and client relationships to drive maximum value of your clients media mix and new insights developed for smarter planning and business management.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Advanced Analytics & Operations Partner
3 best things about the job:
- A client & product leadership role in one of Sydney’s most successful agencies
- Entrepreneurial role, focused on both efficiency and growth
- A truly supportive culture, with fantastic people focused on success
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Have developed senior relationships with the client and be seen as a trusted advisor and the ‘go to’ person for advice and support on their business.
- Clearly articulate and understand the clients business and their needs in relation to advanced analytics.
- Identified areas of product development to continue the success of our advanced analytics team.
- Developed strong relationships with all team members and outlined a future development plan for individuals.
In six months:
- Be able to work independently and in collaboration with your team on new business pitches, developing key learnings and insights for future clients.
- Be confident in identifying and converting strategically relevant revenue opportunities for MediaCom and our clients.
In 12 months:
- Proven success in delivering efficiencies and growth for our clients using econometric modelling.
- Positively evolved the team and ensured that their professional development needs are met
- Demonstrably improved the Advanced Analytics operations of the agency as a whole through commercial or product success.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Run the operations of your Advanced Analytics team – managing a team of four specialists
- In collaboration with the leadership team , develop a vision and roadmap for effective advanced analytics, primarily econometric modelling; including data partners, data management, reporting efficiency and visualization and ensure that these are implemented
- Knowledge on media Must understand 20|20 touchpoint planning framework (MediaCom planning framework) across POE
- Be a leader for your team and guide the rest of the agency in the evolution of our analytics solutions for clients
- Provide best practice training
- Act as thought leader in the analytics space to sense check viability of ideas/innovations and also identify opportunities with our existing clients for greater data and analytical innovation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key personnel internally and externally for the benefit of your team, clients and the development of our product.
- Own your teams work and develop action plans across your clients’ projects that work to continuously improve performance.
- Ensure the team are delivering quality work and respecting deadlines.
- Manage the reousrce of your team and its profitability against each client scope.
- Be curious and constantly seek to improve
What you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience in data modelling/Visualisation across a range of industries
- Be an effective presenter. Have well-developed written and verbal skills.
- Have a proven track record in developing solid relationships with clients
- Have a proven track record for delivering ROI for clients
- Hands on implementation and optimisation experience
- Project management and product development experience
- Business development experience – upsell, cross sell, new business
- Ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders (internal and external)
- Previous experience of managing a small to medium sized team
- Ability to train and develop others
- A passion for continual learning
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.