MediaCom’s Business Science team is seeking an enthusiastic Data Solutions Manager with demonstrated experience in data analysis across a range of industries.
As an analyst you will assist your line manager in the reporting, data manipulation, data collection, aggregation and overall analysis.
This is an exciting and brand new role within the agency, one that connects data analysis right through to media execution and is at the forefront of MediaCom’s offering.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Data Solutions Director
3 best things about the job:
- An enjoyable environment that combines the best of your skills whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Working within a network of 100+ analysts worldwide in areas such as statistics, econometrics, optimisation, machine learning, programming, Campaign Reporting, Market Mix modelling, Causal analysis, Attribution modelling and Forecasting.
- Work diversity that involves liaising with internal and external stakeholders across a range of disciplines, solving business problems for clients
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- You will be up to speed with the Data Solutions team value proposition and able to articulate this confidently
- You will have started to build relationships with the key decision makers in the team and agency
- You will be able to build data sets for modelling related work including data manipulation, data cleansing, and organisation.
In six months, you would have:
- You will be providing structured data to your line manager
- You will be confident using our available range of tools and software to organise data
- You will have started to work on your own allocated projects and ad hoc requests
In 12 months, you would have:
- You will have become a key support for your line manager and peers
- You will be able to fully work on a project under your line manager’s guidance from start to end including delivery of results
- You will become a nominated champion in your area of expertise
Responsibilities of the role:
- Using data analysis techniques to identify insights, identify opportunities and solve business problems for clients
- Proactively build, clean and manage datasets
- Using data analysis techniques to identify insights
- Orchestrate automation of tasks to speed up solutions for clients
- Keep up to date with advances in marketing analytics
- Constantly provide support to your line manager and peers and respond to ad hoc request
- Making sure that projects are on track as per deadlines
- Engage with other internal MediaCom teams to share knowledge
- Build strong relationships with a number of mid-level clients
What you will need:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in data analysis across a range of industries
- Exceptional verbal, written, communication and selling skills with an analytical mind set
- An excellent work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Able to work to deadlines in a fast paced agency environment
- Have a passion for learning and work effectively in a team environment
- MS Office skills with advance knowledge in Excel and experience with a SQL database
- Tableau or any other visualisation tool experience
- Knowledge of one or more of R, Python, SAS, Eviews, SPSS
- A degree ideally in economics, stats or actuarial studies, computer science, data science or a quantitative discipline
- Proven experience working across modelling and predictive analytics
- Understanding of media planning
- Experience in presenting to/working with non-technical stakeholders
About MediaCom Business Science
With 100+ analysts worldwide, Business Science employs computing and statistical specialists to help clients understand return on marketing investment. With state-of-the-art analytical techniques we deliver data-driven insights and expose new opportunities for media optimization and growth.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this – interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.