MediaCom is looking for a Digital Executive to join their Sydney office. Working across a select group of high-profile clients, you will provide planning and buying, , and best-in-market implementation guidance on Paid SEM, Social and Programmatic and Brand Campaigns.
The successful applicant will demonstrate strong knowledge of and passion for the digital marketing landscape and can demonstrate diligence and determination. They will join a brilliant, high-achieving team who in the last year have been nominated for and won awards locally, regionally, and globally.
This role reports to the Digital Director
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on the best group of clients anywhere in the industry.
- The chance to be a part of strong, super-social, high-achieving team delivering award-winning work.
- A great working culture. Join a team of hard-working, super-social, incredibly supportive people and attend more industry events and movie premieres than you can shake a stick at.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Familiarised yourself with the clients, their business objectives and the market landscape.
- Got to grips with the tools and systems we use day-to-day.
- Assists in team workflow and management
- Responsible for day to day buying of media across all channels
- Ensures the pre, mid and post campaign reporting compiled by the A&I Coordinator is accurate and completed on time
- Responsible for campaign optimisation and tracking
- Ensures delivery of all client KPI’s across all value metrics
In six months, you would have:
- Able to report on campaign performance and contribute ways to improve it.
- Planning and buying of digital campaigns, inclusive of programmatic display, search and social.
- Built relationships with our key media partners.
- Run and execute weekly client WIP’s
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered campaigns to the highest standard for all clients and received favourable client feedback.
- Helped develop and mentor others in the team in their digital knowledge and progression
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsibilities encompass planning & buying across traditional display & performance (Search Engine Marketing, Social & programmatic) media.
- Digital Executive will be expected to always challenge and negotiate with media owners to achieve the very best delivery of all campaigns against the set parameters, never accepting the market or average.
- A passionate ‘buyer’ that produces the best media buys every time, constantly looking to move and improve the efficiency of every buy. This is about first class delivery against the media plan.
- Creative media looking for innovation and the ‘above and beyond the spot’ opportunities.
- Collaborative team player that supports the Digital Manager and is attentive in developing their assistant
What you will need:
Specific Skills related to the Role
- Excellent attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.
- Develop implementation strategies
- Keyword research, account structure and ad copy development
- Excellent presentation skills, beginning to sell buying performance to clients.
- Excellent understanding of all implementation and buying systems (BMD, Nielsen, Roy Morgan, Sizmek, Google & Facebook).
- Demonstrates financial and numerical astuteness.
- Confident with Excel & Power Point.
- Pro-active with a can-do attitude.
- Organised and efficient.
- Problem solving mentality.
- Developing media buying/negotiation skills.
- Trades daily to ensuring all buys are efficient and improving every day.
One or more of these qualifications will be highly favourable, but not essential:
- Google Fundamentals qualification (1 – 2 years’ experience in SEM across a range of industries)
- Facebook Blueprint Certification
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this – interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.