MediaCom are searching for an established Group Client Director to lead one of our largest clients.
As a Group Business Director you are responsible for having a deep understanding of your clients business and challenges – this is not limited to just media & advertising. You will work with the client team to unearth & develop business challenges into solutions that will not only drive your clients business forward but also offers commercial opportunity for MediaCom.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Lead for this client portfolio
3 best things about the job:
- A significant amount of diversity in the role with a focus on innovation, testing and learning. This is particularly the case when it comes to data, tech and programmatic trading.
- Dedicated leadership team with a focus on team development and people management. As one of the largest clients in the agency, there is constant access to the Senior Leadership team and best talent in the agency / industry.
- Positive and aspiring team who are passionate about the work we do and the client.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- An understanding of the client’s product portfolio, position in market and an insight into their key competitors.
- Learnt about MediaCom’s main trading partners, tech and data suppliers and our ways of working with each partner.
- Met all of our key clients and started building relationships them.
In six months:
- Become the main point of contact across all campaigns and be fluently directing the main portfolio while overseeing the activity across the client.
- Started leading the personal development programs of your team, particularly in the main portfolio.
- Started contributing to the wider Client Leadership department by championing our products and processes.
In 12 months:
- Become a trusted client partner
- Forecasted planning budgets and worked with the MediaCom Chief Investment and Chief Digital Officers in establishing and maintaining trading agreements with commercial partners.
- Taken complete ownership of the relationship between the client and agency
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure regular 121 time with all direct reports (if applicable) & conduct appraisals annually
- Construct plans for team progression (both succession plans and contingency plans)
- Ensure recruitment for vacant roles is active
- Role model effective communication skills/ practices
- Follow the onboarding process for 100% of all new hires within the team, including assessment of the 100 day plan.
- Drive the team culture through development of team engagement plan
- Responsible for ensuring training and development is available and implemented for junior team members in the group
- Build strong relationships with each of the SBU lead
- Promote the connections planning process ensuring that it is implemented across all client work.
- Work closely with the Strategic Planner on the creation of unique and insightful channel strategies that meet the client needs
- Identify opportunities where SBU’s can contribute and add value to clients business.
- Share ‘great work’ – from your team with the wider agency & also from MediaCom with your clients
- Be aware of awards as they arise and identify client campaigns that can be entered.
- Have an awareness of the offerings of the wider WPP network
- Speak at industry events or write industry articles
- Oversee the complete end to end process of systems planning in conjunction with Marketplace/S&P/SBUs
- Create and lead action plans with the Business Lead that continually improve performance evaluation scores (e.g. TRR, third party or client-owned reviews) resolve client and partner agency issues.
- Build/Maintain strong client relationships through best in class servicing
What you will need:
- Minimum 8 years experience in media planning and account management
- Experience managing a team of at least four people.
- Understanding of the Australian media landscape.
- Experience with both Brand and DR planning, buying and reporting.
- A background in digital media, particularly display media.
- Strong presentation and client management skills.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this – interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.