Overview of job
MediaCom is seeking an experienced Search and Social expert to drive strategic thinking across key clients within our Melbourne office. Candidates will have 3+ years of search and paid social media leadership and a strong affinity for technology.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Director
3 best things about the job:
- Amazing client brands with both awareness and performance needs, within a strong and fully supported team across traditional and digital media channels.
- An environment that recognises and rewards great work and encourages pushing the norms
- A fun agency environment, full of young minds hungry for knowledge
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- A full understanding and knowledge of what makes MediaCom one of the best agencies in the marketplace (from trade agreements to best practices within planning/negotiation)
- Have started building strong relationships with key clients across the group
- If not local, detailed knowledge and understanding of the Australian media landscape
In six months, you would have:
- Key role in developing and growing junior staff on the team as well as championing search and performance across the wider team and agency
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of client business goals and how best to achieve them across paid, owned and earned channels
- Viewed by clients as a key strategic partner for which they rely upon to meet business goals
In 12 months, you would have:
- Collaboratively delivering great work worthy of case studies and awards
- An integral part of the agency that drives incremental revenue opportunities
Responsibilities of the role:
- Proactively deliver against client business goals/objectives
- Leads high profile client relationships and ensures ongoing client satisfaction
- Developing leading search and performance media strategies with a well-practiced ability to execute and implement tactically
- Superior analytics skills with the ability to determine and set benchmarks
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years in search and performance media
- Additional marketing or media experience required
- Technology minded and proficient knowledge of media technologies
- Skilled storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to brands
- Strong management experience and skills with the ability to lead and nurture people directly reporting to you
- Strong understanding of the technology and trends that are changing the advertising business and specifically in the world of search
- Skilled search and performance practitioner with the ability to garner strong relationships across key tech partners/suppliers
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.