Here at Mindshare we are seeking a “go getter” Affiliate Account Manager to work across a leading financial portfolio. You will be an original thinker, looking to build trusted and influential relationships with client and affiliate partners. As Affiliate Manager, you will need to have a natural performance minded ability and be highly motivational.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Account Director
3 best things about the job:
- Being the main affiliate lead that oversees the output of the affiliate implementation team and delivering market leading strategies for our client.
- Working with a supportive client who wants to be and create campaigns that stand out from the pack
- A collaborative working environment, with a fun and growing team
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Begin to develop deep client relationships with the key day-to-day contacts
- Identifies new opportunities to increase acquisitions
- Ensures affiliate strategy is market leading & provide market insights
- Have a clear understanding of the day-to-day implementation and reporting tools utilized by the team (DoubleClick, BCC)
In six months:
- Leads quarterly reviews and project plans
- Leads affiliate strategy and ensures the delivery of all aspects of the affiliate strategy
- Maintains a healthy relationship with affiliate partners and affiliate implementation team
- Leads affiliate aspect on brief responses
- Leads affiliate vetting process
- Offer management
- Negotiating tactical campaigns with affiliates
- Leads affiliate terms and conditions
- Be involved with annual negotiations in order to maximise client sponsorship investment
In 12 months:
- Lead key client relationships, ensuring that client servicing is first class.
- Leading the training & development of junior team members
- Ensure the clients are kept up to date on the affiliate media landscape, providing necessary media information and updates, competitor reports, etc.
Responsibilities of the role:
As the key client contact, the Affiliate Account Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the affiliate program for all our client’s products. From client brief to execution, the AM will lead the campaign (with support from the Director and Affiliate implementation team). In the Manager role, you will be expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with affiliate media partners, clients, and internal stakeholders.
What you will need:
- Confident in managing the effective and efficient acquisition, retention, and activation of new affiliates
- Be a people person and have excellent communication skills
- Possess a solid set of computer skills
- Have a good understanding of online marketing and affiliate marketing
- Experience in analysing data and delivering insights
- Minimum 3-5 years’ media agency experience preferred but not essential, with proven results implementing campaigns across digital channels
- Strong understanding of the Digital Australian media landscape as well as technology and trends that are changing the advertising business
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management in order to prioritise workloads across clients/line managers
- Understanding/experience with third party technology – Sizmek, Doubleclick Campaign Manager, Excel.
Original Thinkers change the world. Mindshare changed the industry when it became the first global media agency, launched in 1997. We took a chance and launched in Asia as opposed to the UK or US; and we were the first start-up WPP ever invested in. Original Thinking is in our DNA. This mentality means we’ve always been at the forefront of the media industry. The speed we adapt to new channel opportunities, technology and real-time trading means we consistently deliver our clients an advantage.
Mindshare has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. We are set up as a connected global network and share learnings across borders. There are many forums to connect with people from around the world as well as training and transfer opportunities to other markets.
We have four company values which are the operating philosophies that guide our conduct internally as well as with our Partners (clients, media and other agencies).
Be team – treat everyone with respect, be willing to help out, be a good collaborator respect the working environment and get involved with the agency outside of your day job.
Be provocative – have an informed POV, challenge the norm in the day-to-day, identify opportunities to do things differently.
Be global – have a global perspective and looks outside of AU for inspiration, effectively use the Mindshare network (seek insights from other markets as well as sharing your work).
Be quick – make decisions that utilise time efficiently, be quick to manage expectations, keep things moving, perform tasks in a timely manner and have the ability to be nimble and adaptive.
Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MindshareAustralia
Visit our global website: http://mindshareworld.com/
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.