Overview of job
As Head of Strategy for Mindshare Melbourne you will be responsible for leading a team of talented strategists, delivering transformative strategic thinking and ideas for some of the biggest and best brands in Australia. You’ll be expected to collaborate with teams across the agency to ensure these strategies are brought to life in the most innovative, impactful way possible, as well as driving the overall quality of product across the wider agency via training and coaching.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Chief Strategy Officer (Sydney) and Managing Director (Melbourne).
3 best things about the job:
- Leading our strategic offering in an agency which puts strategy at the heart of what we do and a vision to be our clients’ most valued business partner.
- Partnering with passionate, smart specialists in ideation, search, social, analytics and investment to supercharge your insights and innovation.
- Working in an agency culture that aims to inspire original thinking in everything we do.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Established trusted working relationships with key clients, agency partners, client leaders and core teams
- Developed an understanding of our client’s communications challenges and identified opportunities to positively impact the client’s brand and business
In six months, you would have:
- Become an expert on the Adaptive Marketing Framework (Mindshare’s global planning process) and our unique insight tools, techniques and differentiators
- Cultivated a collaborative, creative team dynamic with a emphasis on delivering original thinking and asking ‘what if’
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become an inspiring leader of Mindshare Melbourne’s strategic offering and overall product output
- Delivered outstanding strategic thinking and ideas which have delivered brand and business growth for our clients.
- Become a valued business partner to our most senior Melbourne clients.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensures they and the team live Mindshare’s values of speed, team and provocation everyday
- Partners with the CSO to define and lead the vision for the strategy team
- Inspires, coaches and motivates the strategy team and wider agency to think differently and deliver best in market product
- Contributes positively to the culture and expertise of the wider agency through leadership of relevant initiatives e.g. training on product and tools, facilitating workshops etc
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant Mindshare and GroupM products, processes and tools both locally and globally
- Leads and applies all relevant planning tools and processes, identifying new opportunities and coaching others in their usage
- Produces industry best-practice strategic recommendations with compelling insights and clear implications for media
- Generates, supports and helps sell in innovation in media to ensure ideas are brought to life effectively
- Develops and applies inspiring and effective presentation and storytelling techniques to sell through strategic thinking
- Enhances the agency product by developing and sharing thought leadership, training, case studies and awards both internally and externally
- Identifies and leads transformational strategic thinking beyond campaign activity to become a trusted business partner
- Acts as a guardian of the work to ensure campaign execution remains true to the strategy
- Develops original approaches and solutions to optimise the strategy development process and wider agency offering
- Oversees all product delivery for Strategy team and checks in with stakeholders as required
- Has trusted advisor relationship with senior clients (local and global) and agency partners
- Effectively manages team resource and client and partner expectations regarding delivery deadlines
- Facilitate client and agency sessions in an inspiring and effective manner to deliver on desired outcomes
- Builds collaborative and respectful relationships with key agency and media partners to deliver best in class work
- Ensures strategy resource is deployed effectively across the client portfolio
What you will need:
- Extensive experience delivering innovative, insightful and impactful strategic recommendations of a world-class standard
- An open mind and natural curiosity for understanding brands and human behaviour
- An innate desire to be provocative and constantly ask ‘what if’
- A proactive approach to building client relationships and solving business problems
- A collaborative approach to delivering outcomes
- Effective communications and coaching skills to deliver the best possible work
Original Thinkers change the world. Mindshare changed the industry when it became the first global media agency, launched in 1997. We took a chance and launched in Asia as opposed to the UK or US; and we were the first start-up WPP ever invested in. Original Thinking is in our DNA.
We are on a tireless mission to bring accountability to all aspects of marketing. To develop bold campaigns that both reflect and shape culture. To play with and develop new technology, making enormous investments toward the right solutions. To inspire each other, our clients, media owners and even our competitors to be audacious and never stop pushing our industry forward.
Mindshare has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. We are set up as a connected global network and share learnings across borders. There are many forums to connect with people from around the world as well as training and transfer opportunities to other markets.
We have three company values that are the operating philosophies that guide our conduct:
- Teamwork – treat everyone with respect, be willing to help out, be a good collaborator respect the working environment and get involved with the agency outside of your day job.
- Provocation – have an informed POV, challenge the norm in the day-to-day, identify opportunities to do things differently.
- Speed – make decisions that utilise time efficiently, be quick to manage expectations, keep things moving, perform tasks in a timely manner and have the ability to be nimble and adaptive.
Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MindshareAustralia
Visit our global website: http://mindshareworld.com/
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.