The purpose of this role is to work collegially with all areas of the agency and bring gold standard implementation to life. This role leads the day-to-day media planning and trading for their client. Has trusted and influential relationships with clients, media and agency partners.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Associate Director or Investment Director.
The best things about the job:
- Our client list is enviable – there are great opportunities
- Working collaboratively with smart individuals from different areas of the business to bring award worthy work to life
- Working in a positive, fun and inspiring agency culture where staff wellbeing is a priority
- Working in an agency where your training and development is a focus
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Built trusted and influential relationships with the team and clients that you work directly with day-to-day
- Been trained on the Mindshare way of working and market leading research and tools
- A thorough understanding of the Mindshare specialist business units and forged a collaborative relationship with the relevant team members
In six months, you would have:
- Attended and contributed to an ideation session for your client and then worked with media partners to bring the ideas to life
- Have set up a regular coaching and mentoring sessions with your direct reports
- Pushed yourself out of your comfort zone in a way that is inspiring and motivating
In 12 months, you would have:
- Attended a training course that is aligned to your career ambition and part of your personal development plan
- Contributed to the development of an award worthy campaign
Responsibilities of the role:
- People – team management, development, coaching
- Partner – working with media and clients to bring award worthy work to life
- Product – ensure the team deliver best in class implementation and trading practices across all channels and that innovation is present in all recommendations
- Profit – oversees financial accuracy within team processes, spots new commercial opportunities for Mindshare
What you will need:
- Ideally 4-6 years experience
- To be a team player and enjoy working as part of a concerted team
- To be organised with great attention to detail
- Passionate and knowledgeable about media and be able to convey this to all our clients
- Excellent communication skills (active listening, outcome focused, expectation management)
- Hands on offline and digital media planning and buying experience
- A strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Good negotiation skills
Original Thinkers change the world. Mindshare changed the industry when it became the first global media agency, launched in 1997. We took a chance and launched in Asia as opposed to the UK or US; and we were the first start-up WPP ever invested in. Original Thinking is in our DNA. This mentality means we’ve always been at the forefront of the media industry. The speed we adapt to new channel opportunities, technology and real-time trading means we consistently deliver our clients an advantage.
Mindshare has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. We are set up as a connected global network and share learnings across borders. There are many forums to connect with people from around the world as well as training and transfer opportunities to other markets.
We have four company values which are the operating philosophies that guide our conduct internally as well as with our Partners (clients, media and other agencies).
Be team – treat everyone with respect, be willing to help out, be a good collaborator respect the working environment and get involved with the agency outside of your day job.
Be provocative – have an informed POV, challenge the norm in the day-to-day, identify opportunities to do things differently.
Be global – have a global perspective and looks outside of AU for inspiration, effectively use the Mindshare network (seek insights from other markets as well as sharing your work).
Be quick – make decisions that utilise time efficiently, be quick to manage expectations, keep things moving, perform tasks in a timely manner and have the ability to be nimble and adaptive.
Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MindshareAustralia
Visit our global website: http://mindshareworld.com/
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.