Overview of job
Mindshare’s Future Adaptive Specialist Team (FAST), is looking for a talented Paid Search Executive to join our Sydney team of intent-based media experts.
We’re a growing, passionate, fast-paced, high performance specialist team, that takes a very different approach to typical media or search digital agencies. We act as digital media consultants that advise a portfolio of brands across a variety of verticals including automotive, retail, financial services and FMCG.
If you are a passionate, fast-moving individual, who seeks to develop and grow your Paid Search career; someone who’s keen to join a team of thinkers and doers and become a search champion within the wider media community, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a Search Executive who loves data, is driven to continuously optimise their work to deliver on KPIs, and has technical search skills and experience across:
PPC: Implementation, execution, and optimisation of client campaigns across the following platforms: Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Bing Ads, and YouTube Ads.
Analytics and research: Is comfortable in using the following analytical packages e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Core metrics etc. for weekly/monthly reporting purposes.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the FAST Search Director (Sydney) and Search Manager (Sydney)
Best things about the job.
- Be a part of the wider media community, which offers: networking opportunities, publisher events, specialised media awards and much more.
- Extensive career training and development, giving you the knowledge and confidence needed for industry growth and career advancement.
- Working with a variety of clients as their local industry leader and to push the boundaries of digital innovation.
- The perfect role to diversify your search skills, consult around non-SEM areas such as SEO, UX, connections planning and content strategy.
Measures of Success:
As a successful Search Executive at Mindshare, you are expected to;
In three months;
- Obtain a thorough understanding of all client business objectives and FAST Search team’s role in achieving them.
- Effectively embed yourself into all live projects.
In six months;
- Implement search campaigns to deliver on the expectations of clients.
- Prepare and deliver reports on account performance. This Includes performance insights and next steps.
- Analyse and optimise campaigns to ensure that client KPIs are met
- Agree on personal development plan with your line manager. This outlines your areas of growth and how we are going to help you achieve them through either on-the-job training or a training course
- Create and implement campaign tests to achieve actionable results and improve campaign performance, including testing of latest AdWords Betas
- Develop keyword lists, ad copy recommendations and ad extensions for search campaigns
In 12 months;
- Deliver campaigns to the highest standard for all clients and receive favourable client feedback.
- Liaised with third party suppliers such as Google to ensure we are involved in all the latest technology and betas.
- Work collaboratively with other internal specialist business teams on multifaceted campaign projects
- Attend at least one training course that was outlined in your personal development plan
- Analytics & Research:
- Be competent at delivering client reporting and data/research requests
- Learn and become confident in using Mindshare proprietary tools to understand consumer behaviours and then develop strategies and/or opportunities accordingly
- Operations & Delivery:
- Grow strong relationships within the Sydney Mindshare team, including Senior Management
- Work with your Search Manager and Director to ensure that retainer and project based work is implemented efficiently and to the expect standards/deadlines
- Ensure SEM and SEO efficiencies are made by the proper use of tools and integration
- Constant focus and optimisation, testing, content/creative development, whilst improving performance based metrics such as CTR, Avg CPC, CPA, etc.
- Continue to develop your knowledge in SEO, SEM and Owned digital media, by attending publisher event, Mindshare or Search team training.
- Process & Team Involvement:
- Be competent at updating the Search Managers internal WIP
- Ensure you are meeting deadlines and completing work at a high standard
- Ensure all SEM and SEO output is SOX compliant and timesheets are completed accurately
What you will need:
- 1-2 years paid search experience
- A good working knowledge of Google AdWords and Microsoft AdCentre
- Bid management platform experience e.g. DoubleClick, Marin, Kenshoo.
- Working knowledge of analytical packages e.g. Google Analytics and Adobe Sitecatalysis.
- Confident in Microsoft Office with a strong focus on Excel (vlook ups, pivot tables, IF functions), PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for the search and digital industry
- Google AdWords and GAIQ Certified.
- Analytically minded and good at handling large data sets
- Proactive approach to improving your knowledge and capability
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of the wider team
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented
- University Degree or equivalent preferred
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.