Overview of job
A rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing social media team as the newly formed Associate Director of Operations and Strategy. This is an opportunity to help mould an already existing FAST team of media experts, span global and local clients and bring a refined proposition to market.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head Of Social Media.
3 best things about the job:
- Work on global and local clients at one of Australia’s most innovative agencies
- Make your mark at an agency which encourages new and fresh thinking
- Benefit from an accelerated team profile in market
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Collaborates with Mindshare client team to ensure insightful and viable social planning is integrated into Connections Planning
- Ensures KPIs are delivered within budget and within scope for all clients
- Develops in-depth, knowledge of their client’s business
- Has a thorough understanding of media owner product suites (including social offerings from other media channels)
In six months:
- Builds a trusted advisory relationship with senior and day-to-day clients
- Develops an understanding of holistic digital marketing practices and works with other FAST managers to have an informed view across all channels
- Develops clear and compelling presentations to convey creative ideas, case studies and points of view
In 12 months:
- Conducts new business meetings with existing or new clients to grow FAST Social revenue
- Works with Managers to complete quarterly audits on scoped versus actual hours and review contracts where necessary
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders – Mindshare and GroupM – at both a local and global level
Responsibilities of the role:
An experienced strategist who prides themselves on data and the value it can bring to creative thinking. Well versed in social/search buying you feel comfortable both in and out of platforms. You provide global clients with best in class recommendations based on the core principles of effective media.
You can navigate business challenges with ease and present insight driven strategies for optimal performance marketing.
You have hands on experience guiding an extensive team and client portfolio, you lead with passion and a love for the social industry.
You feel strongly about guiding large teams and can support them effectively with project management and coaching experience.
What you will need:
- Proficient in Excel
- Advanced search/social analytical tools and buying
- Data tracking, attribution modelling literate
- Project management experience and client management is crucial
- Passionate about team work and collaborative thinking.
- 6 years of social media or search buying experience
- A deep understanding of social & search integration.
- Project management qualification is a plus
- Team coaching experience and training
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.