Overview of job
We have a rare opportunity in market; Mindshare is recruiting a Social Media Executive to join a growing team in Melbourne.
You will join a best-in-class specialist team working across the spectrum of social channels for Australia’s premium clients. You’ll deliver innovation and ROAS through paid social activations.
Working together with FAST and our internal client leads; teamwork is key to creating an award-winning, social-driven approach that’s sound in strategy and delivery.
You will be a proactive self-initiator who can think on your feet and is enthusiastic about your work.
Reporting of the role
This role is an intrinsic part of the FAST ecosystem and reports to the Head of Social and Social Manager lead.
3 best things about the job:
- The chance to work in a multi-award winning Media agency.
- An opportunity to learn from the best-in-class and understand media from the client’s perspective.
- Be a partner to the world’s biggest social media channels, gaining invaluable knowledge and training through our learning academy
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Demonstrate understanding of the business challenges with outcome driven planning, implementation and reporting of tangible results via paid social media
- Have formed trust between your internal teams and clients in terms of consultancy and implementation.
In 6 months:
- Demonstrate understanding of the business challenges and how social media compliments the wider marketing mix.
- You will have gained social media certifications as per your managers training plan.
In 12 months:
- Your clients will actively come to you as the go-to-person for social knowledge and recommendations.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To be the custodian of your client’s advertising presence on social platforms & the go-to-person on matters social.
- You will become an advocate of your wider team’s work and a trusted client partner by attend briefings and strategy sessions, building social ads designed to Deliver business value and client KPIs.
- You’ll become a trusted client partner with your inherent knowledge of their business and how social can elevate brand and DR messaging/outcomes based on their needs.
- Keep your client leads up to date on social best practices – content, platforms, and tools within the paid social ecosystem.
- Measure, analyse, strategize and report.
- Participate in workshops, training sessions and team building events.
What you will need:
- 2 years’ experience in paid activation is ideal; social and search (YouTube) accepted
- Bachelor degree or Diploma, Marketing, Communications, Business.
- Shows the ability to understand and adapt to different brands and their industries
- Strong written and speaking command of English language
- Excel and analytical skills preferred
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.