What is [m]PLATFORM
[m]PLATFORM is the data and tech hub of GroupM under pinning each agency and powering programmatic solutions and biddable services across the group.
Overview of role
The Programmatic Account Manager will be the lynchpin of the [m]PLATFORM media & activation team. They will be central to the delivery of consultative and strategic guidance to the agency and their clients on how to best leverage [m]PLATFORM technologies and data to outpace their competition via programmatic activation. You will need to trail blaze the way with digital media and technology, be committed to providing the best expertise and share your knowledge with agencies and clients.
The role requires someone with excellent project management skills, has the ability to balance multiple tasks but maintain a close attention to detail.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Principal Consultant
3 best things about the job:
- Every day you will manage and develop programmatic and data led solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands through the GroupM agencies
- The opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in the evolving tech and data landscape by working within the epicentre of the market.
- We pride ourselves on being pioneers, you will receive the support to conceptualize and develop new ideas and have the opportunity to work amongst some of the smartest minds in the business.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Fully up to speed with the client(s) you are working on, and able to offer a viewpoint on their category, brand, consumer, competitors, and objectives.
- Engaged in the campaign management and client planning across your patch; inputting into WIPs, working on client responses, handling client requests and resolving issues.
- Have developed a business plan for your agency to include but not limited to: client tiering, time allocation, spend forecasts, strategic plan for growth, creative programmatic solutions.
In six months:
- Offering additional value and proactivity on the client(s) you are working on; being part of ideas and opportunities that will improve the [m]PLATFORM service and the teams understanding of the business.
- Becoming a respected member of the team by both clients and internal teams alike; actively managing requests and leading internal team communication and support.
- Considered and developing better processes to improve working efficiencies across the team and agency.
In 12 months:
- Established as an expert in the client’s category and business; able to offer strong views, opinions, recommendations, and solutions to our client’s business challenges
- Considered a trusted advisor by both clients and internal teams alike; actively managing requests, proactively adding value to the client relationship and ensuring the internal team are delivering the best service possible
- Leading the day-to-day management of client outcomesand promoting excellence across all areas of the business.
Responsibilities of the role:
Strong focus on agency stakeholders with a key focus on client leads/planners & buyers and commercial people.
Success will be measured through TRR scoring system.
Strong knowledge of our own proprietary digital media, [m]PLATFORM toolkit and overall digital market.
Success will be measured via on going assessment with your Principal Consultant & Technical Consultant.
Exhibit [m]PLATFORM values to nurture and grow successful relationships internally.
Success will be measured by your ability to work collaboratively with your team and agency.
Identify and highlight commercial opportunities with existing clients and in the onboarding of new clients. Proactively identify and raise potential issues to create solutions before the happen.
Success will be measured by profitability targets set by your Principal Consultant.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years technical and consultative experience across digital technologies, such as:
- Data Management Platforms
- Standard/Mobile Ad-Servers
- Rich/Video Ad-Servers
- Ad Viewability & Fraud
- Audience Measurement
- Tag Management
- Dynamic Creative
- Experience working in an agency environment and knowledge of the agency media campaign planning and execution process is preferred—agencies are exciting places to work with a variety of projects moving fast, having first-hand experience will help someone quickly ramp up
- Proven effectiveness in managing relationships
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated skill using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Analytical mindset with knowledge and passion for media, data and technology
- Creative thinker that is willing to challenge the norm to improve product offerings
- Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
[m]PLATFORM is the world’s most powerful collection of data, technology, and expertise enabling global audience addressability and accountability across all media, combining the data and technology team members and toolkit from Xaxis, Connect, and GroupM Data & Analytics into one organization. The [m]PLATFORM vision is to inspire our employees to be our client’s trusted advisor and show leadership in our ability to consult not sell and deliver outcomes not features based on their evolving marketing needs and business challenges.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.