Overview of Job
The Executive is a crucial role within our Proprietary Media team as you will provide the foundations for the success of all of our programmatic campaigns. You will be responsible for all aspects of campaign implementation, monitoring and reporting, working very closely with the Manager to produce best-in-class solutions, offer unparalleled service and deliver against targets. You will be highly analytical, have an acute attention to detail and you are excited to work with market leading technologies. Most importantly, you will be passionate about and driven to deepen your knowledge of all things programmatic media buying.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the [m]PLATFORM Manager – Proprietary Media
3 best things about the job:
- Work in a fun filled environment, surrounded by talented digital specialists, where we combine the best digital expertise, technology and innovative global and local brands.
- Build your understanding of the digital media landscape, with exposure and learning opportunities across multiple digital media disciplines.
- Great opportunities for career progression locally and internationally, within the [m]PLATFORM business or across the GroupM agencies.
Measures of Success
In three months, you would have:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of [m]PLATFORMS proprietary media proposition.
- The ability to start working independently, being fully trained across the campaign workflow, processes and operations in your specialist team.
- Taken over the provision of basic campaign operations and regular campaign reporting.
In six months, you would have:
- Supported your Manager with briefing, planning and tactical strategies across your accounts.
- Become proficient across the suite of technologies and optimisation tools/techniques.
- A clear understanding of clients objectives and have implemented account optimisations that have made a measurable impact to campaign performance.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Developed advanced optimisation skills and analytical techniques across brand and performance campaigns.
- Built an intermediate to advanced understanding of all technology platforms used within your specialist business unit.
- The skills and confidence to start directly managing tier two / three accounts, to achieve campaign goals and objectives.
- An understanding of [m]PLATFORM’s broader proposition and service channels.
Key Responsibilities of this Role
- Work closely with the Manager to manage accounts across a portfolio of clients, supporting across day-to-day campaign management responsibilities.
- Once completely trained and experienced in campaign management, take on direct management of tier two / three accounts, to achieve campaign goals and objectives.
- Undertake the campaign set up process for all campaigns within your portfolio, troubleshoot any tracking and discrepancy queries, and ensure campaigns are activated with accuracy and following best practice.
- Accountable for the ongoing management of campaign budgets and daily spend levels, and constant monitoring of tracking to performance goals.
- Undertake daily campaign reporting to identify performance trends across accounts and implement appropriate account optimisations based on the insights generated.
- Produce performance reports and presentations across your campaigns as required by the service level agreements.
- Analyse ongoing results to identify campaign trends and key insights, and provide thoughtful recommendations to ensure we meet and exceed client goals.
- Manage your workflow and responses to ensure agreed deadlines are met, we are obliging with our service level agreements and executing tasks with 100% accuracy.
- Provide campaign statistics to the Manager and Department Head, for monthly client presentations and reviews.
- Ensure the latest optimisation techniques, platform tools and products are utilised across your portfolio of accounts.
- Support the Manager in preparing brief responses and proposals for new opportunities.
- Take pride in your work and be attentive to the details of the campaign set up and management, to deliver errorless campaign management.
- Look for new media partner opportunities, as well as identifying opportunities with our current media partners to enable the best outcomes for our clients.
- Build yourself to be an expert in our technologies by undertaking all specialist accreditation, as well as developing a sound understanding of ad serving technologies, tracking set up, conversion tracking and technical troubleshooting across platform.
- Build a great working relationship with your team, operating seamlessly together to deliver success for our clients, across the briefing, booking, set up, optimisation and reporting processes.
- Work collaboratively with your [m]PLATFORM Services and Platforms teams, to ensure we are positioning and proposing every possible opportunity to deliver success.
- Align with the [m]PLATFORM Data and Analytics team to best understand report templates, data sources and reporting metrics. Provide feedback to team regarding reporting standard, templates and processes.
- Collaborate with the [m]PLATFORM Platform team to escalate and investigate any campaign and technical challenges, and input into driving solutions to improve campaign management process and procedures.
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with your [m]PLATFORM peers, agencies, clients and platform partners, advocating and effectively communicating your specialist solutions and services.
- Cultivate a positive team culture of fun, productivity, knowledge sharing and growth.
- Epitomise the [m]PLATFORM vision and values, and sets a positive example for your peers.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, statistics, science, marketing or communications related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a programmatic operations or campaign management role in either an agency, publisher or technology business.
- An understanding of digital media and the technology landscape.
- An understanding of the programmatic eco-system, and working experience in as well as some of the major DSPs and SSPs in the Australian market (Videology, DBM, AppNexus, MediaMath, The Trade Desk, AOL) is desirable.
- Exposure to performance marketing, as well as analysing data and delivering insights.
- An understanding of ad serving technologies, tracking and troubleshooting.
- An intermediate working knowledge of Excel.
- A high attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- To be a team player, with the ability to collaborate with your peers to deliver success.
[m]PLATFORM is the world’s most powerful collection of data, technology, and expertise enabling global audience addressability and accountability across all media, combining the data and technology team members and toolkit from Xaxis, Connect, and GroupM Data & Analytics into one organization. The [m]PLATFORM vision is to inspire our employees to be our client’s trusted advisor and show leadership in our ability to consult not sell and deliver outcomes not features based on their evolving marketing needs and business challenges.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.