Overview of the Job
In this role you will be working closely with the [m]Platformprogrammatic trading teams, Director of Publisher Supply Partnerships and our media partners, to deliver success across our supply marketplace and the products and services it supports. You will be working in our supply technologies to manage our inventory, enriching our marketplacewith your depth of knowledge in supply management, ensuring we create cutting edge technology solutions, building successful partnerships, provide meaningful insightsand delivering best-in-market supply solutions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director of Publisher Supply Partnerships, [m]Platform.
3 best things about the job:
- Work in a fun filled environment, surrounded by talented digital specialists, where we combine the best digital expertise, technology and innovative global and local brands.
- Enhance your understanding of the digital media landscape, with exposure and learning opportunities across multiple digital media disciplines.
- Great opportunities for career progression locally and internationally, within the [m]PLATFORM business or across the GroupM agencies.
Measures of Success
In three months:
- Built a sound knowledge of the programmatic solutions we deliver, our technology platforms and supply sources leveraged through the [m]Platform business.
- A solid understanding of our supply marketplace requirements and current status of our platform and marketplace roll out.
- Become a trusted advisor to the [m]Platform team and key programmatic leads in the agency.
In six months:
- Taken ownership of the day-to-day management of the supply marketplace.
- Provided input into the current product roadmap, prepared an analysis of the current state of play and presented opportunities to develop our supply marketplace solutions.
- Developed clear processes and operations to manage the supply/demand portfolio across the business.
In 12 months:
- Developed strong, mutually successful relationships with your key [m]Platform stakeholders, our agency partners, technology vendors and media partners.
- Actively managed and delivered against our business and commercial objectives.
- Supported the [m]Platform management team in building out a competitive and market leading proposition, which compliments the broader [m]Platform proposition we extend to our clients.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Support both the Director of Supply and the Head of Programmatic to build, manage and support the [m]Platform supply marketplace.
- Educate the team on existing and new developments across the Programmatic supply landscape and technologies. Provide training opportunities for the team, to understand in-depth the mechanics of the [m]Platform marketplace.
- Accountability for managing and optimising our portfolio of inventory in our supply management platforms; monitoring supply delivery, troubleshooting technical issues, providing thoughtful insights and recommendations, exceeding business KPIs and delivering against core business objectives.
- Working with the Director of Supply to ensure that our marketplace has sufficient inventory (video, display, audio).
- Execute publisher deals through the technology platforms, working with our internal teams, to seamlessly launch new publishers.
- Contribute to the development of, adoption and the ongoing adherence to processes and operations that support our supply marketplace, across both our demand and supply management teams.
- Ongoing auditing and development of our brand safety practices, managing any brand safety breaches, building site lists, supply management best practices and the approach to inventory optimisation.
- Work in alignment with the [m]Platform team to improve reporting standards, define processes for success, ensure escalations and issues are resolved, and look for ways to automate solutions to deliver efficiencies.
- Test new platform features, data opportunities and support the development of new products in collaboration with leads throughout the [m]Platform business.
- Create balance in our programmatic supply and demand portfolios, minimising risk of over/under-supply and providing quality inventory that meets our campaign KPI requirements, through strong communications, reporting and forecasting.
- Accountable for the delivery of the core commercial objectives of the supply marketplace.
- Provide business level reporting, revenue and supply forecasting, and product analysis recommendations for management.
- Optimise inventory in our marketplace, which includes identifying growth and commercial efficiency opportunities, as well as feed into the [m]Platform product development roadmap.
- Provide customer support to our publisher partners, monitoring and troubleshooting the set up and delivery of Plista native ad technology placed on publisher websites.
- Recommend new media partner opportunities, as well as identifying opportunities with our current media partners to enable the most meaningful outcomes for our supply marketplace.
- Build trusted relationships with our technology vendors, to ensure that we are leveraging the very best capabilities that their platforms offer and able to feedback requirements into their technology roadmaps.
- Cultivate a positive team culture of fun, productivity, knowledge sharing and growth.
- Epitomise the [m]Platform vision and values, and set a positive example for your peers.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, statistics, science, marketing or communications related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a supply management, yield management or programmatic operations role.
- Experience working at a media owner, ad network or trading desk.
- An understanding of the Programmatic industry and the technology landscape. This includes a sound technical understanding of conversion tracking, ad serving technologies, and the ability to troubleshooting between these platforms.
- A technical and operational knowledge of the programmatic eco-system, as well as some of the major DSPs and SSPs in the Australian market (Videology, Pubmatic, DBM, AppNexus, MediaMath, Telaria, The Trade Desk, AOL, Rubicon).
- The ability to analyse data, deliver insights and commentate on yield management.
- An intermediate to high working knowledge of Excel. Experience in SQL would be well received.
- A high attention to detail, organisation skills and time management abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- To be a team player, with the ability to collaborate with your peers to deliver success.
[m]PLATFORM is the world’s most powerful collection of data, technology, and expertise enabling global audience addressability and accountability across all media, combining the data and technology team members and toolkit from Xaxis, Connect, and GroupM Data & Analytics into one organization. The [m]PLATFORM vision is to inspire our employees to be our client’s trusted advisor and show leadership in our ability to consult not sell and deliver outcomes not features based on their evolving marketing needs and business challenges.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.