Overview of job
An exciting opportunity to join WAVEMAKER to help drive change and innovation in the QSR category, to drive & lead a successful client relationship and inspire and guiding your team across all relevant media channels and content.
The candidate should have a strong track record in delivering tangible business results for clients, strong strategic skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and team members.
Wavemaker has a culture of strong teamwork both from the client and agency perspective, and a real desire to solve business issues – this is an important attribute for any candidate.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to theGroup Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- Part of a high performing and engagedWavemaker client team 100% dedicated to our client
- Working alongside senior talent from all parts of the business and other agencies
- A category with great opportunities for quality thinking and opportunities beyond spots and dots.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Worked with your internal team who feel well directed & fairly approached
- Build trust and a close relationship with your clients who feel confident in your abilities and point of view
- Led the team on key presentation/s that have been insightful & easy for the client
to buy into
- Be an expert on the clients’ business proactively engaging with senior clients and actively shaping the quality of the Wavemaker delivery.
In six months:
- Produced high quality responses that will standout not just for the client but
within in our industry
- Provided constructive & regular feedback to the team on their performance
- Client scores TRR/Appraise are favourable based on you and your teams’ performance
In 12 months:
- Led the team through annual planning
- Activating a business plan that delivers success to the client and secures Wavemaker’s client relationship; leading client, product, people, commercial and profile initiatives.
- Been able to work with the client in an effective but also efficient way that still produces
great work and client relationship scores
- Learnt and grown into the role that has given you great personal satisfaction
- Considered a ‘business’ leader for the client and for Wavemaker, providing solutions that deliver a tangible business benefit for both client and agency.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Strongly drives the team to deliver against the client needs in a style which makes your client consider you their most valued business partner & ultimately buy into the plans with minimal changes
- To be responsible for understanding how to sell in the ideas & our services which will show Wavemakeroff as an agency partner for our clients.
- Overall responsibility for budget management / working alongside investment team on finance process.
- To be responsible for internal team inspiration and motivation.
- Have a strong digital knowledge
- To have expertise in planning and understanding the role of all channels and what they
could do for your clients’ business, so you bring the right teams internally together with the right solutions.
- Contributes consistently to the growth of the Wavemaker business in conjunction with the Management Team
What you will need:
- To be a team player and an inspirational leader
- Expertise in all channel planning
- Strong understanding of investment, channel planning and implementation
- Self-motivated, creative and solutions focused.
- Have a POV on the media business
- To have worked on a large, performance-driven brand. You could either be working for a media agency or come from a client-side background
- Confident at leading a team and managing external stakeholders
- Have great client service skills in terms of relationship and management of realistic workflow in/out of the agency
- A minimum of 8 years in the industry
- Awards/Industry recognition
- Strong presentation development and presenting skills
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.