Overview of job
Our analysts help drive great data-driven work for our clients. They will play a key role in producing modelling insights for analysis to help drive optimal response to media.
While this role is not specifically client facing, Analysts are expected to liaise with client teams when required and field any technical questions that they provide.
Analysts have a key role in delivering our reporting product and use their skills to measure marketing effectiveness.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Technology
3 best things about the job:
- You get to work with some of the biggest businesses in Australia, helping them make sense of their data.
- Media is constantly evolving and new channels are created all the time e.g. Snapchat, Spotify, Podcasts – it’s never dull!
- A culture that encourages new thinking as opposed to maintaining the status quo
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Managing the day-to-day maintenance and updates of reporting dashboards
- You will be up to speed on all Group M preferred technology partners by attending training sessions
In six months:
- Familiarised yourself with Wavemaker product and service offering
- Earned the trust of client partner teams, having them turn to you for assistance in making their own basic data analysis more meaningful
- Designed and implemented advanced BI visualisations with tools like Datorama or Tableau
- Understood the Australian media landscape (for example, channel pros and cons, main players)
In 12 months:
- Helped improve how execs and assistants in the client partner teams use data in their day to day roles
- Contributed to our analytics product roadmap – helping drive our product even further
- Made a key contribution to a new business pitch or two from a data planning point of view
Responsibilities of the role:
● Develop and maintain reporting solutions for business teams and clients that deliver insights in a timely and accurate fashion. This includes extracting, manipulating, and loading data into dashboard solutions.
● Contribute to new business pitches when required
o This might include presenting, creating content and any other areas requested by senior pitch staff.
● Champion better use of software and technology within Wavemaker
o Tools include Tableau, and standard media tools such as Roy Morgan Asteroid
● Promote open, collaborative, supportive and dynamic relationships throughout the agency and the network
● Build relationships with client analytics teams and key data/tech vendors
● Respond well to guidance and feedback from line manager
● Assist the internal training and development of Maxus staff by helping upskill employees in the areas of data and analytics
● Build relationships with key clients. These are often members of the client’s data teams and/or gatekeepers to business critical data sets.
● Help build on the agency’s reputation for outstanding client service. Ensure delivery against client expectations every time – “under promise/over deliver”
What you will need:
- Someone who is numerate and statistically savvy
- A problem solving mentality
- Experience working with either Tableau or Datarama
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ideally know how to use the likes of Python, VBA, and/or R
- SQL writing skills
- Experience designing and deploying reports/dashboards/data visualisation
- Experience in data analysis, modelling, and design
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to document business and technical requirements based on user interviews.
- Excellent analytical, organization and prioritization skills
- Able to communicate complex topics to team through both written and oral communication
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.