Wavemaker Brisbane are looking for an experienced Media Executive to support the Manager in developing holistic innovative media strategies. The successful applicant will have experience in on-screen TV buying and be responsible for media buying activities across all offline buying formats and provide accurate reporting and investment services to clients. Opportunities exist to develop the position into an offline/online hybrid role.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Account Manager
3 best things about the job:
- Having the opportunity to enhance your online and offline skills across a diverse portfolio of clients including QSR and Tourism.
- No silos – Working in an integrated team across all disciplines, giving you the opportunity to expand your skillset into all areas of media & marketing
- Be part of a fast growing agency in the Brisbane market that has gone from strength to strength, whilst working on their biggest client.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Clear understanding of core marketing objectives and challenges of clients in your portfolio
- You will have proven your strong negotiation and trading skills and proven you have the ability to buy cross media campaigns that achieve exceptional results for clients
- Deliver detailed and accurate post campaign reports with clear insights, learnings and recommendations for future campaigns.
In six months:
- You will have established a relationship with all relevant clients, agency and publisher contacts and provide strategic input to help formulate holistic strategies to successfully achieve the client’s core marketing objectives.
- You will have demonstrated accurate delivery of all TV and other offline campaigns and be working closely with the Account Manager to ensure strategy is implemented correctly.
- You will be accountable for the financial client set-up, invoicing and accuracy of offline
In 12 months:
- You will have grown and nurtured a strong relationship with all relevant client, agency and publisher contacts
- You will have pro-actively challenged briefs and approaches to constantly evolve communication and developed strategies that are successful against client’s challenges
- Have consistently delivered strong and accurate campaign performance against client KPIs
- Educate the broader team and clients on the latest offline developments
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensuring accuracy across all areas of the role. Financial (Buying, Invoicing), communication (emails, presentations)
- Provides support to the Comms Planning team in the development of media concepts, plans and implementation of buys
- Identifies and delivers unique and innovative strategies to leverage brand strength
- Oversee the management and accountability for the delivery of all campaigns
- Lead media buying across the group, shared with Analyst (although responsible for the status of analyst buys) and frequently reporting status updates into Manager
- Researches past online campaigns and results, competitive actions, consumer behaviour and changes to the marketplace
- Ensure all offline buys across all channels meet the clients planned objectives
- Negotiate strong rate position and additional added value across campaign buys
- Provide guidance and oversee the day to day workloads of the Analyst including ad hoc on-the-job training in systems, tools and general trading techniques as required
- Ensuring all deadlines are met and clear communication is maintained between direct reports updating on the status of deliverables
- Grow and nurture a strong relationship with all relevant contacts on client, agency and publisher side
- Effectively use the Wavemaker regional and global networks to gain learnings
- Searches for new, innovative and relevant communications ideas or organic growth opportunities and presenting these to clients
What you will need:
- Minimum 2yrs experience in a media agency
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of the Australian media marketplace with good relationships with media owners
- Experience managing junior team member/s but not necessary
- Experience presenting to clients
- Competent in all Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong proficiency in setting up, buying and monitoring TV campaigns
- Proficiency in BMD (ideal)
- Good knowledge of media systems and tools e.g. BCC, AQX, Roy Morgan,eRAM, eTAM
- A good work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Able to follow instructions, be organised and work autonomously
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.