Overview of job
Responsible for providing support to the I&A team members through all aspects of the buying and administrative processes. Helping in the delivery and planning recommendations & ensuring smooth account coordination internally and externally.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Account Manager
3 best things about the job:
1. We are ambitious for our clients; we are always finding new ways to push the boundaries of what is possible, to deliver results.
2. We work together to achieve excellence. We work alongside our clients with a deep understanding of their business.
3. We never settle for second best. We challenge conventions to create the most engaging and effective solution
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Develop understanding in the principles of buying media across all channels
- Active role as channel champion for selected medium.
- Loading of bookings into the BMD system with support of Executives/Managers
In six months:
- Regular fulfilment of competitive analysis requirements for clients
- Basic understanding & use of agency & industry tools/resources to develop target audience, brand, competitive, opportunities etc.
- Answer account queries in timely manner.
- Works with the team to implement approved strategies
In 12 months:
- Basic understanding of writing a planning presentation & works with guidance
- Identification of innovation and firsts that can be applied to a brief while helping with the implementation.
- Basic understanding of Wavemaker’s other services.
- Aware of the client contract for planning.
Responsibilities of the role:
In this role you will be in charge of reporting, and monitoring our campaigns with the support of the team. You will be buying media across all traditional channels.
Help with the implementation of the campaign and ensuring that clients have all material deadlines for their campaigns as well as ensuring that Material instructions are communicated correctly to the media.
Entering media bookings into the system and ensure everything has been loaded correctly according to the media plan and confirms.
What you will need:
- Bachelor Degree in Media & Communications or Bachelor of Business, Major in Marketing or Advertising.
- Strong attention to detail with good levels of accuracy
- Demonstrate a basic-level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Keep up to date with industry changes and the latest practices and procedures
- Competent in all Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- A good work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills.
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.