Overview of job
Wavemaker Brisbane are looking for a Media Manager with strong offline implementation skills to join their Brisbane office. The successful candidate will work on a range of industry leading, national clients and be responsible for providing strategic channel planning with a holistic perspective in conjunction with the Digital and Social Manager.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- No silos – working in an integrated team across all disciplines, with good communication and comradery
- Day-to-day, the work is challenging, diversified and rewarding with potential to advance
- Be part of a fast growing agency in the Brisbane market that has gone from strength to strength
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Immersed in the team and Agency with understanding of the status of all active campaigns across a portfolio of clients
- A strong understanding of processes and have taken a lead role in overseeing that junior team members are undertaking the day-to-day processes, with all deadlines being met
- Been introduced and been involved in campaign planning across all campaigns
- Broadened exposure to all offline media and an understanding of all Group M digital platforms
- Taken a lead role in the day to day client relationship on specific clients/campaigns within the group
In six months:
- Established a strong working relationship with all team members and wider agency
- Taken a lead role in development of media strategy and recommendations
- Been involved in full campaign delivery from brief to post analysis
- Be a regular key participant in client presentations
In 12 months:
- You will have grown and nurtured a strong relationship with all relevant client, agency and publisher contacts
- Ensure all campaigns throughout the year have delivered according to parameters, both buys managed by yourself as well as managing the status of buys from the analyst
- Make a positive impact on Wavemaker business and our clients business
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensuring accuracy across all areas of the role: Financial (Buying, Invoicing), communication (emails, presentations)
- Identifies and delivers unique and innovative strategies to leverage brand strength
- Oversee the management and accountability for the delivery of all campaigns
- Lead media buying across the group, shared with Analyst (although responsible for the status of analyst buys) and frequently reporting status updates into GBD
- Ensure all offline buys across all channels meet the clients planned objectives
- Negotiate strong rate position and additional added value across campaign buys
- Provide guidance and oversee the day to day workloads of the Analyst including ad hoc on-the-job training in systems, tools and general trading techniques as required
- Ensuring all deadlines are met and clear communication is maintained between direct reports updating on the status of deliverables
- Grow and nurture a strong relationship with all relevant contacts on client, agency and publisher side
- Effectively use the Wavemaker regional and global networks to gain learnings
- Searches for new, innovative, and relevant communications ideas or organic growth
What you will need:
- Minimum 3 year’s media experience in another agency
- Superb attention to details
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of the Australian media industry and all channels within it
- Experience managing junior team member/s
- Experience presenting to clients
- Competent in all Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong proficiency in setting up, buying on-screen and monitoring TV campaigns
- Proficiency in BMD (ideal)
- Good knowledge of media systems and tools e.g. BCC, AQX, Roy Morgan, eRAM, eTAM
- A good work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Able to follow instructions, be organised and work autonomously
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.